Nebraska Bank of Commerce is seeking an individual for a full time, commercial banker position. This individual will manage a portfolio of loans which meet established lending requirements and which provide maximum profitability for the Bank with a minimum of risk. The right candidate will solicit and develop all types of business activity, specializing in commercial and/or real estate loan relationships and generating deposits and fee income for the Bank. This individual will train to eventually take an expanded role in the credit function.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
1. Lending: Develop and manage moderately complex loan accounts; interview loan applicants; collect and analyze information which reflects the current creditworthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans, prepare loan presentations, and approve and close loans up to stated lending limit. Develop relationships with businesses and individuals to determine potential banking needs.
2. Credit Administration: Assist in the day-to-day management of the bank’s loan portfolio’s credit quality, underwriting and administrative standards, and problem loan resolution in conjunction with the Bank’s Chief Credit Officer and other senior members of the lending team. This may include preparation of necessary loan presentation documentation, reviews, reports, and ALLL necessary for the Chief Credit Officer to review and approve as a part of the Management Loan Committee or Reclamation Committee
3. Service and Maintenance: Collect information that may be obtained in a variety of methods, including inspection of the applicant’s business and/or collateral, review of financial reports, personal interview, etc. Establish and negotiate where necessary, the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule, and collateral. Monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect past due accounts. Assist with documenting loans to ensure complete loan files are maintained; work with customers and loan accounting/payment issues as needed.
4. Community: Represent the Bank with businesses, trade associations, and customers; promotes the Bank’s image as a good corporate citizen. May participate in community and business functions and determine the various depository and credit needs of the Bank’s market area to ensure that Community Reinvestment (CRA) objectives are being met.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. A high level of interpersonal skill to communicate policies, procedures, and objectives effectively throughout the Bank and to represent the Bank positively to the public and cultivate working relationships with current and potential loan accounts.
2. Under general supervision, analyze and evaluate areas of responsibility including determination of loan risk involved and recommendation of credit limitations.
3. Experienced administrative skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office. Good written and verbal skills.
4. Comply with all requirements, policies and procedures of the organization including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and attend all mandatory training as needed for this position.
A technical level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of major(s) in accounting, finance, economics and/or business administration and 3 or more years of increasingly responsible experience in lending. Relevant experience will be taken into consideration.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The environment for this position is an office-type setting that is mostly clean and comfortable. Little discomfort caused by such factors as noise, heat or dust. The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 20 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching. May require travel throughout the Bank’s service area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Further, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Last Revision Date: 1/2017
To apply, please send a resume to Danielle Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
6000 Village Drive, Ste. 100, Lincoln, NE 68516.
Phone: 402-420-8341 Fax: 402-423-4041
Job Posted: 02.08.2017
6000 Village Drive, Suite 100, Lincoln, NE 68516 (402) 423-2111 | 250 N. 14th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508 (402) 420-8370